Wilmington, North Carolina is participating in the Improving Birth National Rally for Change! What is it, you may ask? This Labor Day – September 3rd – at 105 locations across the country, people are gathering to bring awareness to the need for evidence-based maternity care, bring awareness to the growing number of unnecessary inductions of labor and unnecessary cesarean sections, and bring awareness to the need for birth options in our community. This HUGE movement was started by Improving Birth and is already being noted as the largest women’s movement in decades!
What can YOU do to get involved?
- Join in the conversation on Facebook
- Plan to attend the Wilmington, NC rally on September 3, 2012 from 10AM – 12 PM at the northeast corner of Military Cutoff and Eastwood Roads in Wilmington, North Carolina
- Invite your family, friends, neighbors, healthcare providers – you name it! – to attend the rally. We have made it easy for you: just forward, repost, and invite others via the event page here.
- Hang a rally poster or distribute rally postcards in your store or business. Email us at rally [at] womeninthecenter [dot] org, and we will get the materials to you.
- Make posters for the rally using the sign slogans listed here
- Join us this Sunday for a sign-making party in Wilmington. WE NEED A LOCATION! If you have space that would be perfect for crafty sign-makers and is also kid-friendly, please contact us ASAP.