ANNOUNCEMENT: Day Of the Rally
Please read prior to attending – if at all possible!
- The rally is being held from 10 AM to 12 PM on Labor Day, Monday, September 3rd come rain or shine. Candace Edwards, the rally coordinator, will be at the rally site by 9:30 AM to set up.
- The closest physical address is 1701 Eastwood Road in Wilmington. We will be gathering near the corner of Military Cutoff and Eastwood Roads, the northeast corner near First Bank. Please visit the link below for a map of the specific location or to create your own driving directions. Please note where to park. First Bank asked that we not use their parking lot for parking, though Monday is a bank holiday. On the map, the general parking area is noted with a blue capital P. Anyone needing closer parking should contact Candace at 910.364.9482 or 910.233.7989.
Map of rally site and parking: http://goo.gl/maps/1UZJm
- The closest restrooms are in a nearby Starbucks which is within walking distance.
- Consider bringing sunscreen, umbrella/raincoat, and a chair or blanket as you see fit.
- Upon arrival, please see one of the volunteers at the table to sign in. All attendees age 18 and older must sign in. Any attendees 17 or younger must have an attending adult present and responsible for them.
- A few rally signs and posters will be provided. Feel free to bring your own. A list of slogans suggested by Improving Birth are posted here. You may be asked to discard your sign or change your apparel if there is any profane or offensive signs, slogans, or apparel that does not reflect the mission behind Improving Birth.
- Please direct any and all reporters from any media or television crew to Candace, the Wilmington rally coordinator. If you are not sure who Candace is, please ask one of the volunteers at the sign-in table.
- Please direct any law enforcement to Candace Edwards. Our rally does have a permit filed with the City, and Candace will clarify any concerns.
- Water will be provided.
- Please place all trash or recyclable materials in the specific bin/cans provided which is not only showing respect for the space around us but also in accordance with our permit filed with the City of Wilmington.
- Bullhorns or excessive noise-makers are not permitted. So, please leave them at home this time.
- Share your snapshots and video! Please send any photos or video taken of the Wilmington rally to rally [at] womeninthecenter [dot] org. Help us document our local gathering. We thank you in advance!
- Have fun! Meet other supporters, grab some handouts, and stand with other women, men, and families to bring awareness to birth options! With your help, WE CAN CHANGE OUR AREA’S BIRTH CLIMATE!
We can do better.